06 / 2016
Категории: English language
1. ‘E’ is the most commonly used letter in the English language. In fact, as many as one in eight of all the letters written in English is ‘e’.
2. More English words begin with the letter ‘S’ than any other letter of the alphabet.
5. There is no word in the English language that rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
6. ‘Queueing’ is the only word with five consecutive vowels (five vowels in a row). This is a great word to use when you play hangman!
8. ‘Pronunciation’ is the word which is most mispronounced in the English language!
9. English is the official language of the sky! It doesn’t matter which country they are from, all pilots speak in English on international flights.
10.The most difficult tongue twister in the English language is “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick”. Why not try it out on your friends and see if any of them can say it without making a mistake?
10. Approximately one new word is added to the English language every two hours and around 4,000 new words are added to the English dictionary every year.